Welcome to the veg files.

As a longtime vegetarian I started this blog as a place to share tips, recipes and general knowhow on maintaining a healthy vegetarian lifestyle. When I first became a vegetarian I was pretty lost and confused about just how to make sure I and my family got the right amount of nutrition, so I hope that this blog will help anyone out there who is feeling the same way. Of course, I hope this blog is useful to the old hands out there too!

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I know I will enjoy writing it.

For money saving tips, articles and even more recipes check out my posts on Hubpages. For online money making opportunities go here. To check out my photography go here.



Monday 17 January 2011

How to make chickpea stroganoff.



INGREDIENTS.

I white onion chopped.
2 large cans of chickpeas, drained.
6 large flat mushrooms, sliced.
6tbs vegetable stock.
Olive oil.
1lb flat ribbon noodles.
1tsp soy sauce.
2tsp white wine vinegar.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Small pot of sour cream or natural yoghurt.

METHOD.

Sautee the vegetables in the olive oil until they are soft and coloured, add the stock, chickpeas and vinegar, cover and simmer for ten minutes. Meanwhile, put a large pan of water on to boil, add the noodles and cook for fifteen minutes. Drain, add the stroganoff mixture, season to taste and swirl in the sour cream or natural yoghurt. Serve with crusty bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment