Welcome to the veg files.

As a longtime vegetarian I started this blog as a place to share tips, recipes and general knowhow on maintaining a healthy vegetarian lifestyle. When I first became a vegetarian I was pretty lost and confused about just how to make sure I and my family got the right amount of nutrition, so I hope that this blog will help anyone out there who is feeling the same way. Of course, I hope this blog is useful to the old hands out there too!

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I know I will enjoy writing it.

For money saving tips, articles and even more recipes check out my posts on Hubpages. For online money making opportunities go here. To check out my photography go here.



Tuesday 8 March 2011

Rhubarb cobbler recipe.

CorningWare French White 5-Piece Bake and Serve Set

I love rhubarb, it is such a wonderful looking fruit.

It can be very tart so it does need quite a bit of sugar and or honey to sweeten it. This rhubarb cobbler is one of the best tasting desserts I've found.

INGREDIENTS.

2 lbs rhubarb.
6 oz sugar.
2 tsp honey.
6 oz white flour.
1 tsp baking powder.
2 oz butter.
8 fl oz milk.
Pinch of salt.

METHOD.

Pre heat the oven to 180c. Wash, peel and cut the rhurbarb into two inch chunks.Put the rhubarb, honey and half of the sugar into a saucepan with a little water.Bring to the boil and then simmer for ten minutes.Add a tsp of flour to the rhubarb and stir well to thicken it a little.Pour into a shallow ovenproof dish.

Mix the flour with the rest of the sugar, the salt and the baking powder. Rub in the softened butter until it looks like breadcrumbs. Stir in the milk to make a dough. Take a large wooden spoon and drop spoonfuls of this mixture onto the rhubarb leaving a few small gaps. Bake for twenty five minutes or until the cobbler has turned golden brown. Serve with ice cream, cream or custard.

No comments:

Post a Comment