Welcome to the veg files.

As a longtime vegetarian I started this blog as a place to share tips, recipes and general knowhow on maintaining a healthy vegetarian lifestyle. When I first became a vegetarian I was pretty lost and confused about just how to make sure I and my family got the right amount of nutrition, so I hope that this blog will help anyone out there who is feeling the same way. Of course, I hope this blog is useful to the old hands out there too!

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I know I will enjoy writing it.

For money saving tips, articles and even more recipes check out my posts on Hubpages. For online money making opportunities go here. To check out my photography go here.



Monday 14 February 2011

How to make Spinach, brie and mushroom tart.

This recipe for spinach, brie and mushroom tart is just about the best tasting tart I have ever had. It is rich and filling and is perfect for supper. It tastes just as good served hot or cold. I often make this to take on summer picnics as it is firm and travels well.


Ingredients.

1 ready made 11 inch savoury tart case.
10 oz chestnut mushrooms, sliced.
1 oz softened butter.
1 clove of garlic, crushed.
8 oz spinach.
4 tbsp creme fraiche.
3 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk.
4 oz single cream.
6 oz brie.
Salt and pepper to taste.

Method.

In a large, heavy based frying pan melt the butter and saute the sliced mushrooms for five minutes. Add the crushed garlic and the spinach and cook for two minutes. Pour this into the base of the ready made pastry case. In a bowl whisk the creme fraich, eggs and egg yolk and the cream, season to taste. Pour this over the mushroom mixture. Cut the brie into thick slices and spread evenly over the top of the flan. Bake in a moderate oven, 200c for thirty minutes or until the top is a nice golden colour and the flan feels set to a light touch.

Serve warm with a mixed green salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment