Welcome to the veg files.

As a longtime vegetarian I started this blog as a place to share tips, recipes and general knowhow on maintaining a healthy vegetarian lifestyle. When I first became a vegetarian I was pretty lost and confused about just how to make sure I and my family got the right amount of nutrition, so I hope that this blog will help anyone out there who is feeling the same way. Of course, I hope this blog is useful to the old hands out there too!

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I know I will enjoy writing it.

For money saving tips, articles and even more recipes check out my posts on Hubpages. For online money making opportunities go here. To check out my photography go here.



Sunday 13 March 2011

How to make perfect Yorkshire puddings.

Sunday lunch in our house just wouldn't be complete without Yorkshire puddings. This recipe and method will allow you to make perfect Yorkshire puddings everytime.This amount will serve four people.

INGREDIENTS.
4oz flour.
1 large egg, beaten.
10fl.oz milk.
Salt and white pepper.
1 tbs vegetable oil.

METHOD.
Sift the flour to remove any lumps and add some salt and white pepper. Stir in the beaten egg and half of the milk. Using an electric mixer or hand whisk beat this mixture together for ten minutes. Add the remaining milk and set aside for thirty minutes.

In a yorkshire pudding tray, either one large or twelve individual, heat the oil in a hot oven, around 220c. Remove from the oven and pour in the batter, return to the oven and cook for forty five minutes or until risen and golden brown. Individual ones will take less time, so keep your eye on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment